Education & Career
- St Edwards School, Oxford, 5 years
- University of Manchester, Management (BA Hons) 2:1, 3 years
- TripAdvisor, London, Marketing Associate, 1 year
- Abercrombie & Kent, London, Marketing & Sales Co-ordinator, 2 years
- Hailo, New York/London, Digital Marketing Manager, 2 years
- Opun, London/Amsterdam, Head of Marketing, 2 years
- NewMotion, Amsterdam, Partnerships Manager, present
Rod Brown, CEO @Opun:
"Ben is a great guy to work with (i.e. smart, capable and pleasant) and he's delivered on the marketing brief for Opun, helping to take us from tiny amounts in the early days to around £1m orders/month in under two years."
Emma Shaw, Comms Director, EMEA @TripAdvisor:
"Ben is smart, proactive and a great team player. Always willing to get stuck in, yet a strategic thinker too. Ben was a pleasure to work with at TripAdvisor, could always be relied upon, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him."
Tom Barr, CEO @Hailo:
"Ben joined the New York operations team just in time for the launch of the market last year. Under his leadership, the team elevated local marketing tactics that now serve as best practices across the organization. His can-do attitude and marketing savvy is an asset to the marketing organization, where he now supports UK expansion and HQ marketing efforts. He's also famous in the NYC rooftop scene!”
Danielle Morgan, Marketing consultant @Eedi:
"Ben is an absolute pleasure to work with, he is creative, resourceful and can be relied on to deliver. I have had the pleasure to work with Ben at Opun and Hailo, both very busy, stressful, growing businesses. Ben always keeps his cool, makes sure things get done plus he can pull a kick ass campaign out the bag while managing the day to day running. I'd happily work with Ben again anytime."
Katherine Gershon, Managing Director @Wexas:
"Ben has a natural aptitude with customers, which meant he generated leads and bookings on a daily basis from his LiveChats with potential customers. A good team player with sound web content management, email and social media skills."
Opun: Helped the UK home improvement company secure £3m in Series A funding from Aviva by improving conversion rates at every stage of the online funnel. From unique visitor to attempted enquiry, booked call and confirmed job. When I joined, Opun offered 275+ services. The focus is now on 4 disciplines (kitchens, bathrooms, lofts, extensions) to ensure we can execute on all jobs and continue to grow organically. The company was acquired by John Lewis in June 2018.
Hailo: Created a taxi driver recruitment and engagement program for NYC that served as a model for US markets to increase supply. Driver numbers increased on average 26%, only 4 months after the Founding Drivers Club was introduced. In July 2016, Hailo sold 60% of the company to Daimler and merged with MyTaxi.
A&K: Lead and launched the new-look, mobile-first Sanctuary Retreats website in September 2012 to increase direct bookings. Online sales increased by 18.6% over 6 months generating £167,400 in additional revenue.
TripAdvisor: Worked closely with UNESCO to help rank all World Heritage sites (847 at the time) by analysing TripAdvisor traveller data to provide a list of the best and worst performers. This allowed UNESCO to effectively re-focus their global resources.
- Digital marketing
- Marketing strategy
- Strategic partnerships and collaborations
- Google AdWords, PPC and SEO
- Email marketing (SendGrid, MailChimp, Intercom, Salesforce) A/B testing & CRM
- SQL and Google Analytics
- Social media marketing - targeted and organic posts
- Content creation, strategy and storytelling (video, blog posts & infographics)
- Customer feedback analysis (Typeform, SurveyMonkey, Google Forms)
- Mobile app marketing (App Annie, Flurry)
- Branding and brand launches
- Events, offline marketing and PR
- B2B & B2C marketing
- Startups and tech
- Product development
- Digital design - UX/UI
- Writing and travelling
- Green energy & transport